If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Garnet yams are my favorite variety of sweet potato (let's not get into the whole yam semantics) because of their sweetness, dense texture and intensely orange color. I invented this recipe one Thanksgiving when the only stove/oven time I was allotted was once the turkey was resting. The flavors come together quickly and the dish does not suffer from being served at room temperature. - gluttonforlife
- 4 large garnet yams
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel yams and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Cut pancetta into small dice.
- Combine yams and pancetta in a large bowl and toss well with remaining ingredients.
- Spread this out on a sheet pan or large casserole. It's important that it be in a single layer as this promotes faster cooking and better caramelization.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned and sizzling, stirring 2-3 times.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.