If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Goes great with Pork Belly Buns, which I make about once a year, or any kind of good porky sweet thing. As I was getting the brine ready, the bottle of bourbon happened to be nearby, so I felt compelled to throw in a couple spoonfuls. The pickles cut the sweetness of hoisin sauce or barbecue sauce perfectly. - mrslarkin
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup thin sliced carrots (3/8" thick), rounds or 3" planks, from about 4 not-too-big carrots
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 whole star anise
- Stir all the liquid ingredients until well blended.
- Place carrots and star anise in a mason jar large enough to hold all the brine.
- Pour brine into jar. Screw on lid. Chill at least several hours or overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.