If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple tart recipe for any seasonal fruit!
Apples, blueberries, strawberries...you name it! —Agallo
Makes one tart
- 1 pie crust ( pre-made or homemade)
- 2 cups seasonal fruit
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the fruit with the sugar, zest, and vanilla until coated.
- Lay piecrust in a pie dish or on a baking sheet with wax paper. A glass pie dish is the best; it bakes the crust more evenly. Then pour in the fruit mixture. Fold the sides of the crust over the fruit mixture, the fruit will not be completely covered, just make sure the edges are sealed.
- Bake the tart until the crust is firm to the touch and slightly browned. Brush the crust with a beaten egg before baking for a nicely browned crust.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.