Author Notes: This eggplant dip is so, so good. Growing up I didn't eat eggplant that much, so as an adult I have been working on yummy eggplant recipes to make up for the lost years.This can be used for an appetizer with grilled pitas or even used as a spread on a sandwich or flatbread. You can omit the yogurt if you want to make this dairy-free...as you will see it is pretty creamy even without the yogurt. The yogurt just adds a hint of that lovely sour creaminess. - we eat. happy.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 graffiti eggplants
- 3-4 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the broiler on high, line a baking sheet with foil & drizzle with olive oil. Add eggplant, garlic, scallions, oregano & seasoning onto a single layer on the baking sheet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip (you may want to add more olive oil at this point as the eggplant soaks it up) & cook another 3-4 minutes (until the eggplant is tender & golden).
- Add eggplant, garlic, scallions & lemon juice into the food processor. With the motor going add about a 1/4 c of olive oil & yogurt to the eggplant. When the eggplant is all smooth, scoop into a bowl & taste for seasoning.