Author Notes: I noticed dips like this in the fancy cheese section at Australian food stores and have tried a couple of versions. After looking at the ingredients, I thought I would try making my own version. I like heat, so I tend to be heavy-handed with the chili. If you're sensitive to chilies, start by just adding 1/2 a tablespoon of the chili paste. I eat this with crackers, crudites, on eggs and as a sandwich spread. - leah.vandeveldt
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1/3 cup unsalted, toasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients together in a food processor and puree until smooth. You can add more or less chili if you'd like.
- If you want to toast your own cashews: heat a large pan over a medium-low heat and add 1/3 cup raw cashews and spread out in a single layer in the pan. Cook, tossing a few times, until lightly golden and fragrant. (About 5 minutes.) Allow to cool fully before using.
- A note on the chili paste: I buy jars of chopped chilies bottled with a little vinegar. 1 tablespoon of the chili paste = 1 medium-heat chili pepper.