If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I noticed dips like this in the fancy cheese section at Australian food stores and have tried a couple of versions. After looking at the ingredients, I thought I would try making my own version. I like heat, so I tend to be heavy-handed with the chili. If you're sensitive to chilies, start by just adding 1/2 a tablespoon of the chili paste. I eat this with crackers, crudites, on eggs and as a sandwich spread. - leah.vandeveldt
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1/3 cup unsalted, toasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients together in a food processor and puree until smooth. You can add more or less chili if you'd like.
- If you want to toast your own cashews: heat a large pan over a medium-low heat and add 1/3 cup raw cashews and spread out in a single layer in the pan. Cook, tossing a few times, until lightly golden and fragrant. (About 5 minutes.) Allow to cool fully before using.
- A note on the chili paste: I buy jars of chopped chilies bottled with a little vinegar. 1 tablespoon of the chili paste = 1 medium-heat chili pepper.