If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nice spring soup. See more at
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil (substitute tarragon)
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- hazelnut or olive oil for drizzling
- Melt the butter over medium heat and add the asparagus and chervil, tossing and sauteeing the asparagus until lightly pan-seared and bright green (about 5 minutes). Roughly chop the asparagus, leaving a few tips to garnish your soup. (You can chop before sauteeing as well, and don’t chop too fine, remember you’ll be pureeing in the end).
- Meanwhile, bring stock to a simmer. Add the asparagus, bring to a boil and then lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or so, until the asparagus is soft. Puree using an immersion blender or in batches in the blender. Adjust for salt.
- Serve, adding a few asparagus tips and drizzling with oil.
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.