Author Notes: I have been making this salmon for years. Everybody loves it & there are never any leftovers. It is so easy & rich. I cook the salmon until the center is almost done because once the salmon comes out of the oven it continues to cook, and therefore does not get dry. I have also made this with trout. - we eat. happy.
- 1 pound wild salmon fillet
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil a lined baking sheet. Clean the salmon, pat dry, and place at the center of the pan. Squeeze the lemon over the fillet (discard any lemon seeds) and season.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, and mustard. Pour evenly over the salmon. Place on the top rack of the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes. Let the fish rest for about 5 minutes before serving.