If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Birthed from the bountiful supply of Tuscan kale and avocados in my garden (no complaints there!) this creamy, crunchy slaw makes a delectable side or a healthy lunch. If I'm feeling proper I mix the dressing beforehand, but I've found it's just as good when I drizzle everything on top and toss vigorously. Tuscan kale works beautifully but feel free to substitute with the young, tender leaves of other varieties. —Girl Farm Kitchen
- 2 bunches Tuscan Kale
- 1/2 Green Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Avocados
- 1 handful Roasted Almonds
- Stack the kale leaves into tight bunches and slice into thin shreds, starting with the tops. Slice the half cabbage into shreds and toss with the kale, adding until the amounts of kale and cabbage are roughly equal.
- Pit and slice the avocados into halves and scoop onto the kale and cabbage. Massage the avocado into the greens with your hands, coating each piece to create a creamy base for your dressing.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar. Taste and adjust to your preference, adding more honey for sweetness or more mustard for increased zing. Pour dressing over salad and toss.Season with salt and pepper, top salad with chopped roasted almonds and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados