If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are the quickest and sweetest version of Savory Dosas. Kids would love these as well as adults. The cardamom adds a nice flavor. Jaggery sweetens it with a different way than regular sugar. There is no fermentation needed , so they are easy to make in a jiffy. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 8 to 10 crepes or dosas
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- pinches salt
- Cardamom powder
- ghee/butter for frying
- Freshly Grated coconut or frozen coconut
- Take Jaggery and water in a pan and heat it till the Jaggery melts on medium heat.
- Take both flours and add , the cardamom powder and pinch of salt to it and add this jaggery water and mix it nicely. There should not be any lumps. Use a blender.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and drizzle a little bit of ghee or butter and take a spoonful of batter and spread it on the skillet with the laddle in a circular motion, do not run bakcwards or so, meaning spread the batter in one circular motion and you will find there will be small holes in the crepes. Let them cook on one side.
- Flip them and drizzle some more ghee and once it is cooked on both the sides. Remove it from the skillet. Finish making all the other crepes.
- Enjoy it just as they are prepared or stuff them with some freshly grated coconut and bananas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory