If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by an enchilada recipe with similar ingredients, I tried to create a healthier version with these tacos. - Carolyn L.
Makes 4 tacos
- 2 pounds Butternut Squash, peeled & cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 Mango, small diced (add more per preference)
- 1 cup Chunky tomato salsa
- 15 ounces Can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 4 teaspoons Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, finely chopped
- 4 Whole wheat (low-carb) tortillas, fajita size
- 1/2 cup Shredded red cabbage
- Add mango to salsa. Set aside.
- Steam butternut squash until tender, about 20 minutes (on stovetop with steamer basket)
- Puree squash using a food mill or blender. Add salt and pepper to taste (about ¼ tsp salt, about ¼ tsp pepper). Set aside.
- Heat drained black beans in a large nonstick pan for about 3-5 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until almost all water is absorbed. Lower heat.
- After beans are prepared, in a small pan, heat tortilla for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- For each tortilla, after heated - spread 2-3 small spoonfuls of squash puree on tortilla. Add ¼ cup black beans on top of puree. Place 2-3 tbsp of salsa on top. Sprinkle with cilantro, red onion, and red cabbage.
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns