If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nachni is also known as Ragi. It is actually the red millet found and used in cooking mostly in Maharashtra and Southern States in India. It is very well known in African culture also, as they also use red millet in cooking. These dosas are very easy and health wise rich in calcium due to use of Nachni..You make stuffing from any choice of vegetables , but we use sprouts for this particular recipe. —PistachioDoughnut
- 1 cup Nachni Flour It is easily available in indian stores or african grocery stores should also have it. It is light red , brownish in color.
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons Ginger and Green chillies paste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Coriander chopped optional
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Oil for shallow frying the dosa
- Take the Nachni flour and rice flour and add in the green chillie and ginger paste, salt. Add enough water to make batter of pouring consistency. Leave it aside.
- For the stuffing - Take oil in a pan on medium heat and add the chopped spring onions, saute it till the onions break down and then add the sprouts and shredded carrots, ginger/chilli paste, lemon juice, salt and chopped coriander. Once everything is cooked well. leave it aside.
- Take a skillet or griddle ,best if you have a cast iron pan. Heat it on medium heat and add a little bit of oil , pour the batter and immediately start spreading it in circular motion with the bottom of the ladle or you can use a small bowl also into thin crepes or dosa.
- Flip it once you see that is cooked enough and drizzle some more of oil onto it and remove it.
- Take the crepe and layer it with some mint chutney or chutney of your choice. And then stuff them with the sprouts mixture , close it and enjoy it!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.