If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect party dish sure to surprise and delight. The color is gorgeous; it is best at room temperature and simple to prepare; it can be made hours in advance and, best of all, shaped into fun forms. Lime and ginger produce a cool, refreshing taste quite different from the usual preparations for sweet potatoes. I love it as an appetizer and make different shapes depending on the occasion. For a summer evening, I might shape it into a goldfish – the color is ideal. For an autumn or Halloween party, a leaf or pumpkin shape does the trick. In December, make it a gold ball or star. - Luci Paul
Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Steam or boil the sweet potato until quite soft, 25-30 minutes. Drain if necessary. Put through a ricer or mash until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be quite soft so that it can be used as a spread. Add additional cream if necessary.
- Shape as desired. Add touches as necessary: a slice of scallion for the goldfish's eye, a dusting of cinnamon for the stem of the leaf or pumpkin, glittery cake decoration for the gold ball or star.
- Serve with bagel crisps, a dark flat bread, or purple potato chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods