If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go to recipe for last minute Friday night get togethers that always seem to meld into the most fabulous of evenings. The kitchen is always a mess, the wine is always better on a Friday after a long week and the company is always in such a great mood, ready for the weekend. Serve this with some toasty bread and crumbled cheese and you are set. —themisinthekitchen
- 2 pounds mussels - any kind but make sure they are fresh
- 2 leeks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 handful fresh hebs linke parsley, mint, or any leftovers in your fridge
- 1 piece Cambozola Reserve Cheese (can use BlueCheese or Gorgonzola)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- wash and debeard the mussels thorougly.
- Chop the white and light green portion of the leeks along with the 2 tomatoes and mince the garlic.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, sautee the leeks and garlic untill fragrant and soft about 4 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes untill they begin to breakdown slightly.
- Add the white wine and cook for 1 minute. Then add your mussels and cover the pot tightly
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes or untill the mussels have opened completely. Make sure to discard any that have not opened.
- Add in your fresh herbs and give everything in the pot a good stir together.
- Ladle the mussels and broth into 4 large bowls and top with a few crumbles of cheese. (you will thank me for this, as the cheese melts into the sauce you will be very happy to have crusty bread to sop it up) Enjoy!
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.