Author Notes: Add grated apple to the pancake and strawberry balsamic vinegar sauce. - Hidemi
- 1 Medium Apple (about half pound)
- 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Melted Butter
- 8 Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Peel apple and grade. Put in the bowl and heat in a microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and put the bowl back into the microwave and heat for another 1 minute.
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg and add milk. Stir well. Add to the flour mixture bowl. Then add melted butter and grated apple. Mix all together until well blended.
- Heat well-oiled skillet over medium high heat. Spoon the batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown. Make 4 pancakes.
- Make sauce. In sauce pan, put butter and heat over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add sugar, balsamic vinegar and strawberries. Cook for 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Place 2 pancakes on each serving plate and pour the strawberry balsamic sauce over the pancake. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory