If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Over the past few months I've been sifting through a collection of recipes that were favorites of my husband's great grandmother, Grandma Jacobs. It's been amazing and fascinating to dig through these recipe archives. This recipe is a classic and favorite of many in my primarily Dutch hometown in Iowa. —MadisonMayberry
- 1 recipe your favorite pie crust (for a 9-inch single pie shell)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the unbaked crust. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake in a 350 oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the outsides are set and the center is slightly soft and glossy. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a refrigerator and chill completely.
More Great Recipes: Desserts
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.