Author Notes: Like many families, my husband and I have made a tradition of eating breakfast together almost every morning. And while I am happy to make breakfast for him on the weekdays, he knows that there are a small handful of things I'm willing to make in the morning: oatmeal with chia seeds, eggs with toast, or these pancakes, which are always a family favorite. - MadisonMayberry
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons granulated Stevia or granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat four, self-rising flour, baking soda and stevia. In a second bowl, combine the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg and nutmeg. Beat until well-combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Lightly grease a nonstick skillet with butter. Heat over medium heat. Add batter, a 1/4 cup at a time, to the skillet. Sprinkle with some of the blueberries. When bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, flip and continue to cook for about 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory