If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love sweet potatoes, but not the marshmallow-topped variety. I wanted to develop a recipe that would be more savory and this dish,that incorporates the smokiness of chipotle and bacon, the richness of sweet potatoes, and the creamy bite of pepper jack cheese really fits the bill! —Deborah Dowd
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped finely
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Drain water and return potatoes to pan and mash.
- Stir in butter and cream, the chipotle pepper, half the cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a buttered casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Note: If you like your food less spicy, add less of the chipotle pepper, and use plain monterey jack instead of pepper jack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.