If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every summer I pick and freeze a ton of blueberries precisely with the intention of making pancakes. See, come winter, I often crave pancakes. For dinner. Yes, I go home from work promptly at 5 pm (it's already dark, of course) and make a batch of pancakes stuffed with blueberries. I cover them with butter and maple syrup. I'm usually done and in my pajamas by 6. It's a tradition I will carry over to this summer, though these pancakes are good enough maybe I'll have to make a batch with some fresh blueberries, too. - erinmcdowell
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries (or more)
- butter and maple syrup, for finishing
- In a small bowl, whisk the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another small bowl, whisk the butter, buttermilk, zest, and vanilla together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing just to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Ladle the pancake batter into the hot pan, and dot generously with blueberries.
- Flip when the batter starts to bubble, cooking until the pancakes are golden brown and puffed, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.