If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After grocery shopping with a friend I ended up with a jar of Matcha Powder and needed to find ways to use it. One morning, while pulling out ingredients for pancakes I saw the matcha in front of another ingredient I needed and decided to give it a try, along with some leftover coconut I had on hand. The slight tang and freshness of the green tea pairs nicely with the sweetness of coconut. —ChompingTheBigApple
Makes 10 4" pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (see note)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- butter for greasing skillet
- NOTE: If you can only find unsweetened coconut flakes, I suggest cutting back or eliminating the sugar from this recipe.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl beat together the coconut flakes, egg, milk, vanilla and extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just combined--the batter should be a little lumpy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Very lightly grease the skillet with the butter. Scoop batter onto the hot skillet, about 1/4 c. per pancake, leaving plenty of space between each one. You will probably have to cook the pancakes in batches (unless you have a massive skillet!).
- Once the pancake batter begins to bubble on top, flip it over and cook the other side. Remove to a plate once cooked through. (If desired, place cooked pancakes into a 200 degree oven to keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes)
- Once the pancakes are all cooked, serve topped with a bit of butter, a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Welcome to the Winner's Circle
Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Recipe of the Day
Your poolside essentials.
Dessert before dinner.