If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are basically an excuse to eat carrot cake for breakfast. But with pancakes in the name, it makes it worthy of an indulgent A.M. meal - Half-Buzzed Hostess
For the pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups carrots, grated or zested
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the cream cheese icing:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, as needed
- For the pancakes: Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and ginger in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, whisk the the egg, maple syrup, buttermilk, canola oil, and orange zest until combined. Whisk in the carrots. Pour in the dry ingredients and whisk just until barely combined (it's ok if the batter is lumpy). Place a griddle over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Spoon 3 tablespoons batter into the griddle per pancake, flipping once, until pancakes are golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked pancakes to a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- To make the glaze: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and orange juice. If the mixture is too thick to pour, add milk, one tablespoon at a time until the glaze is at your desired consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Essential Tools for Your Office Kitchen
10 things for happy desk lunches.
Essential Office Kitchen Tools
An updated heirloom applesauce cake.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.