Author Notes: This recipe is killer for two reasons. In the first place, these are some of the best wings you will ever eat. Secondly, unlike deep frying, preparing this dish will not destroy the entire kitchen. - Carl Weiss
- 1 Bottle of Beer
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chili Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- See the video at http://youtu.be/J2EYS2ikA2E Brine the wings in beer by rinsing the wings and placing them in a stock pot. Pour 1 bottle of beer over the wings and add the juice of 1/2 a lime and a 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Place the pot in the fridge tor 1-8 hours before cooking.
- Parboil the wings by taking the pot and putting it on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately move the pot from a hot burner to a cold burner. Allow to sit on the stove for 10 minutes, then drain. Place the wings on a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 375.
- Bake the wings for 10 minutes a side in the oven. Turn and repeat. Then remove to a bowl and add the sauce. Toss to coat and serve. To make the sauce, blend the Soy, Bourbon, Chili Sauce, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Ginger.