If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a bright greenmarket salad that celebrates the grassy, fresh flavors of spring. Whenever I see pea shoots at the market, I can't resist buying some. Peppery arugula is a nice complement to the pea shoots, and a touch of honey in the snappy lemon vinaigrette echoes their sweetness. If you don't have Meyer lemons, regular lemon juice and zest are just fine. —Merrill Stubbs
- Juice and zest of one small Meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups densely packed pea shoots
- 4 cups densely packed baby or wild arugula
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and zest, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly to emulsify. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the pea shoots and arugula. If you're using mature arugula, roughly chop it into bite-sized pieces. Put all of the greens in a large bowl.
- Add about half the dressing, toss gently and taste. If necessary, add more dressing, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.