If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Surely, ramps are new to me. But, I love their earthiness a lot. And, I call them a little attention seeking because they are available only during spring time and for a short time. I usually made biscuits once in while with chives. So, just replaced the recipe with ramps. Hope you all like it. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 15 to 20 approx biscuits
- 31/2 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 Medium sized eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cups Fresh ramp, chopped thinly
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pre heat the oven to 325 F. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment. Add butter to it and mix it well on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually, add the cream, eggs, ramps. Mix it well for another 30 seconds or 1 minute. Please do not over mix it.
- Remove the dough on a floured surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle about an inch thick. With a dough scraper or a biscuit cutter , cut out rounds or cubes if using a scraper.
- Place them on a non-stick baking sheet and bake them for about 7 to 9 minutes. Check once in while , if they have nice golden color and look liek they are done then remove it.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.