Author Notes: This is a lovely sweet and fresh salad that goes perfectly with a nice barbeque and it's really really simple. It's an exciting mix of completely different tastes that go surprisingly well together. I love the taste of fresh beetroots, especially when they're still a little firm and crispy. This salad looks colorful and will give your nicely decorated table a happy touch. - Veerle
- 4 red beets
- 1 pineapple
- 3,5 ounces Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons juice of a lime
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Boil the red beets for about 10 minutes 'till their skin is soft but the inside still pretty firm. They can even still be a little raw, just what you like best.
- In the meantime, cut the pineapple into little dices and put those in a bowl.
- Mix the mint leaves and coriander with the red beets and pineapple.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the mixture, crumble over the feta cheese and there's your happy salad!