If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is great for spring and is a great use of green onion. It is a fantastic recipe for the fish-phobic and fish allergy folk of the world. Tastes just like tuna-salad! No, really...it does :) —DUZE @BakingBackwards
- 1/2 large can of organic chickpeas
- 2 tsp (or more) mayonaise OR veganaise OR 1/2 mashed avocado
- 1-2 spring onions, chopped fine or chunky (your choice!)
- 1 tbsp dulse seaweed flakes
- 1 teaspoon kelp seaweed flakes
- 1 teaspoon shoyu OR braggs OR tamari OR soy sauce
- squeeze of an organic lemon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- finely diced celery (if you like that in your tuna salad)
- 2 cornichons or gherkin pickles, finely chopped
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork. You want a texture to this, not a paste, think 'chunky'. Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one day. I like it by itself as a snack. My boyfriend makes it into a sandwich filling and has it on two pieces of toasted wholegrain bread. Could be nice on pasta if you add more mayonaise and some fresh cherry tomatoes, or on top of a nice mixed salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums