If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love salmon any which way you give it to me. I also really like leeks and they are one of those veggies I think many people overlook. They have a milder flavour than onions and are quite good in soups. Have you ever tried leeks with fish? - midnitechef
- 1 large leek (or 3 small)
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make a pocket using aluminum foil or parchment paper and place this on a baking sheet
- Slice one large leek in half lengthwise and rinse out any sand between the layers. Slice the leek crosswise into very thin half moons. Mince the garlic.
- Clean your salmon fillet (I removed the skin so that more leek flavour could be adsorbed).
- Put half the leek and half the butter (1 Tbsp) and salt & pepper in the pouch first. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides and lay it on the leeks. Top with garlic, butter (1 Tbsp) and remaining leeks.
- Seal up the pouch and bake at 450ºF for 10 minutes per inch thickness of the salmon, don’t dry it out!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums