Author Notes: Simple yet healthy and delicious casserole. Shrimp and Green onions with Mashed potatoes and mayonnaise sauce. - Hidemi
- 1 bunch Green Onion
- 1 pound Russet Potato
- 1 1/3 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 ounces Cooked Shrimp, deveined, peeled with tails on
- Cut green onions into three-four. Remove tails from shrimp.
- Peel potatoes, wrap in a plastic wrap and heat in a microwave for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Then mash in a bowl. Add milk and butter and mix well until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a lightly buttered casserole/baking dish, spread half of the mashed potatoes, place shrimp and green onions. Then spread the rest of mashed potatoes. Pour the mayonnaise along the side of the casserole/baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums