Author Notes: I love this time of the year, when the farmer's market springs to life. This recipe is the best of what I found today tossed together in an easy (but really satisfying) way. If you can't find lambsquarter, another sharp green should work fine. - LizC
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 3 green garlic bulbs, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup aged goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup lambsquarter leaves
- 1/2 lemon (optional)
- Toss the mushrooms, green garlic and olive oil in a bowl -- some salt and pepper, too.
- Roast the mushrooms at 425 for 10 minutes
- Throw the mushroom, green garlic, and goat cheese in a serving bowl. Add the lambsquarter leaves and give it a stir. When they start to wilt, you're ready to go. If the dish needs a bit of zing, a squeeze or two of lemon will do the trick.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums