If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got some great spring onions, garlic and chives this week in my CSA (community supported agriculture) box and made this comforting rich purée. An easy way to get lots of spring veggies into you diet. - Carey Angerer
- 2 Turnips
- 4-6 Heads of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Diced chives
- 1 Large Spring Onion
- 1 Sprig of Thyme, removed from stem
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 3 tablespoons Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Peels turnips and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Remove outer paper from garlic gloves and smash with the flat part of your chefs knife. Dice spring onions and chives
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add turnips, garlic and a palm full of sea salt, stir until salt is dissolved
- Boil turnips and garlic for 15-20 minutes, or until turnips are fork tender
- Drain turnips and garlic and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- In a blender add cooked turnips, garlic, thyme, rosemary, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy
- Return mixture to the pot with 2 tablespoons of butter, spring onions and chives. Heat over medium low for 15-18 minutes
- Serve with a dusting of smoked paprika and cracked black pepper
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums