If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is one of my favorite all time salads...I love it hot or cold. I sometimes make a meal out of it. All the peas, beans and the asparagus are garden fresh and very crispy. (except the jar of butter beans) . The fresh mint and basil really make the flavors sparkle! I sometimes throw on a few cherry tomatoes cut in half for extra color and acid. —dymnyno
- 1 cup string beans, trimmed
- 1cup snap peas
- 1 cup sugar peas
- 1 cup butter beans cooked (or 1 jar)
- 1 bunch thin aspargus, cut into 1 inch segments (tough end discarded)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Individually blanch each bean and the asparagus. Refresh under cold water after each blanching. Open the jar of butter beans.
- In a blender add olive oil, a small handful of each of the beans, garlic cloves and lemon juice. Blend until smooth
- To the rest of the beans and asparagus add the blender dressing and toss to coat them with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the basil and the mint and toss.
- Serve hot or cold. Makes a great starter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best String Bean Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Lamb
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.