Author Notes: This light and refreshing meal is great as a weeknight dinner, especially when one is pressed for time. Delightfully simple, with a great combination of flavours. I enjoy making this on hot summer days, when a light meal is all that is needed to satisfy one's appetite.
For a non-vegetarian option, poached chicken breast could be added to the salad. - poppet
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 small bunch radish
- 1 orange
- 1 inch milliliter ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (add tamari for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 splash sesame oil
- Place noodles in boiling water, and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for noodles to cook, shave radish into thin slices, and dice orange into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and add baby bok choy in for a minute or two. (Best done immediately before noodles are cooked)
- Slice ginger into thin pieces, and add to dressing.
- Toss dressing with noodles and remaining ingredients.