Author Notes: 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. Under that pretext we make the little one clean her toys, eat her food etc., Yes, Bribe it can be considered but I consider it to be a motivator.And trust me the solace is only temporary.Things will go back to normal for the most part come January.I enjoy while it lasts!!
I wish I had Santa and the Celebrations growing up. My mom's life would have been much easier. We put up the tree and decorate the tree as a family. It is something that she looks forward to and something that I look forward to in the gloomy winter season.
Here is a hearty soup perfect for Winter.I used canned black beans and allow me to blame it on the impatience to make this soup.
This recipe was adapted from Eating Well magazine. I love the idea of using Salsa to make the black bean soup. - Shri
- 2 15 oz cans of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Water/ Vegetable Stock
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan
- Add onions and red bell peppers Cook till they are soft
- Add Garlic and let it cook for 2 min Stir in the cumin powder ans salt
- Add beans, salsa, and water Simmer for 15 min
- Puree half of the soup mixture in a blender Combine the puree with the remaining soup and simmer for an additional 10 min
- Stir in a dollop of sour cream if desired Serve hot with bread