If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. Under that pretext we make the little one clean her toys, eat her food etc., Yes, Bribe it can be considered but I consider it to be a motivator.And trust me the solace is only temporary.Things will go back to normal for the most part come January.I enjoy while it lasts!!
I wish I had Santa and the Celebrations growing up. My mom's life would have been much easier. We put up the tree and decorate the tree as a family. It is something that she looks forward to and something that I look forward to in the gloomy winter season.
Here is a hearty soup perfect for Winter.I used canned black beans and allow me to blame it on the impatience to make this soup.
This recipe was adapted from Eating Well magazine. I love the idea of using Salsa to make the black bean soup. - Shri
- 2 15 oz cans of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Water/ Vegetable Stock
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan
- Add onions and red bell peppers Cook till they are soft
- Add Garlic and let it cook for 2 min Stir in the cumin powder ans salt
- Add beans, salsa, and water Simmer for 15 min
- Puree half of the soup mixture in a blender Combine the puree with the remaining soup and simmer for an additional 10 min
- Stir in a dollop of sour cream if desired Serve hot with bread
Freeze It Right There
Meet your herby, stir-fry savior.
The stir-fry savior.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
You won't be board with this game.