Author Notes: Whenever mom had extra cucumbers lying around, they usually got thrown into a vinegary bath of goodness. I remember always sneaking into the fridge and grabbing the round slices with my fingers, the tangy brightness addicting. I also remember my mom always yelling... "USE A FORK!" Here is my spin. - biggreencookbook
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Good Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir well to coat cucumber and onion slices with vinegar and oil.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for a few hours. Will keep refrigerated for a few days.