If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Typically, I'm not a huge fan of tofu, even though I'm a vegetarian. This method of baking the tofu after coating it in a spiced cornmeal mixture is a great way to get flavorful, crispy tofu without much extra effort. - MadisonMayberry
- 1 large block extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cups Egg Beaters liquid egg replacement or 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup warmed marinara sauce
- Place two paper towels on a large dinner plate. Place the block of tofu on the paper towels. Top with two additional paper towels and another dinner plate. Put a cookbook atop the dinner plate and allow the water to drain out of the tofu (this will help the tofu crisp up in the oven) for about 20 minutes. Discard paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray or coat lightly with olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut tofu lengthwise into two rectangles. Cut each rectangle into two triangles to form four triangles total.
- Place Egg Beaters or eggs in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, graham cracker crumbs, salt, cumin, ground mustard, paprika, chili powder and ground black pepper. Stir until evenly combined.
- Dip each tofu triangle into the egg mixture, followed by the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly with the dry crumbs. Transfer coated tofu to the lined baking sheet. Bake tofu for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through. Serve with the marinara sauce. Makes 2 servings