If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The scallions, both in the dressing and grilled for the salad, liven up a basic spinach salad. And bacon and blue cheese don't hurt either!! —inpatskitchen
Serves 4 to 6
For the dressing
- 6 large green onions (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Chop the green onions up a bit and then place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and then refrigerate until serving.
For the salad
- 20 green onions, about half of the green tops cut off
- Olive oil for coating the green onions
- 12 cups baby spinach leaves
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of your favorite blue cheese, crumbled
- Cut a few slits on the bulbs of the green onions (this will create pretty "flowers" for presentation. Coat the onions with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan until smokin' hot and then grill the onions until slightly charred. Cut the onions in one inch pieces, saving the pretty bulbs for garnish.
- Combine the spinach, bacon, straight pieces of grilled onion and blue cheese in a salad bowl. Garnish with the onion bulbs and serve with the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.