Author Notes: My garden was full of these wonderful little peppers...some turning bright orange. These little stuffed peppers are real palate awakening wonders! If the peppers are small (bitesize) use a whole pepper. If they are larger, then before stuffing cut the pepper in half and stuff as directed. - dymnyno
- 12 jalepeno peppers
- 1 package turkey sausage, uncooked
- grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- saute the turkey sausage, breaking it up into small bits.
- add the onions. and cook.until brownish
- add 1 tsp ground cumin
- Remove from stove, cool and add grated cheese
- Parboil peppers, cool . Cut a slit in each pepper and remove seeds.
- Stuff with the turkey sausage, onion, cumin and cheese mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet slit side up in an oven at about 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch to see that the cheese melts , but that the peppers do not burn. Or, you can cook thes on a barbecue grill...adds a smoky, charred flavor!
- Serve warm
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish