If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My garden was full of these wonderful little peppers...some turning bright orange. These little stuffed peppers are real palate awakening wonders! If the peppers are small (bitesize) use a whole pepper. If they are larger, then before stuffing cut the pepper in half and stuff as directed. - dymnyno
- 12 jalepeno peppers
- 1 package turkey sausage, uncooked
- grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- saute the turkey sausage, breaking it up into small bits.
- add the onions. and cook.until brownish
- add 1 tsp ground cumin
- Remove from stove, cool and add grated cheese
- Parboil peppers, cool . Cut a slit in each pepper and remove seeds.
- Stuff with the turkey sausage, onion, cumin and cheese mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet slit side up in an oven at about 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch to see that the cheese melts , but that the peppers do not burn. Or, you can cook thes on a barbecue grill...adds a smoky, charred flavor!
- Serve warm
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.