If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a family hand-me-down. My mother would cook this on a cold winter's day. It is a stick to the ribs and warm you up supper and so very easy to cook. So easy to cook and yummy that you'll find your family will enjoy it anytime of the year. I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family has. —Karen Conner
Serves 4-6 depending on refills
- 1 Large packets Egg Noodles
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 gallon Water- Per Package Instructions
- Cook egg noodles per instruction on package
- Drain...DO NOT RINSE
- Place noodles back into the pot you cooked them in
Preparing Smoked Pork Butt
- 1 to 2 pounds Smoked Pork Butt
- 1/2 to 3/4 gallons Milk
- To Taste or pinches Sea Salt
- To Taste or pinches Black Pepper...I prefer Fresh Grounded
- Chop Pork Butt into small cubes approximately 1/2 inch. Fry in a Cast Iron frying pan as you would cook Bacon until tender and lightly chrisp. Pour entire contents of into the pot of noodles. Add 2 cups milk to frying pan, bring to a low boil while scraping the drippings up to gather the favor. Be careful not to Scald the milk and be sure to get all of the drippings from the pan. Add this to the ham and noodles. Pour the remaining milk into the ham and noodle mixture until milk is even with the top of the noodles. Simmer on low temperture, stirring occasionally until milk begins to thicken. Season to taste with Sea Salt and Pepper. Your choice of Bread or Biscuits to soak up the juices.
- You can also fry the Pork Butt cubes in the same pot as the noodles were cooked in but I prefer a Cast Iron frying pan as it works the best for getting good scapings for the milk gravey. You may make this recipe with 1%, 2% or Whole Milk. You may also use table salt instead of sea salt. Milk Gravey will NOT be thick...just a wee bit thicker than milk. Remember DO NOT rinse the noodles as this helps to thicken the milk gravey.
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.