If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this granola is inspired by nekisia davis' olive oil and maple granola recipe. i used gula melaka (coconut palm sugar) and honey with a little of cinnamon to give this granola a more subdued sweetness. according to nekisia this granola should keep for a month. a batch like this does not usually last beyond a fortnight at my place so i’ll have to trust her. my only reservation is that walnuts tend to go rancid rather quickly so i’d personally recommend that if you intend to keep your granola for a month, don’t use them. i used to add chewy things like chopped dates, apricots or raisins to granola but lately i’ve tended towards savoury-sweet granolas. if you prefer something sweeter then you can always up the amount of sweeteners and add some dried fruits. —mehrunnisa
Makes about 7 cups
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 and a 1/2 cups mixed nuts - almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon maldon salt
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large sized rimmed baking sheets
- to start pre-heat the oven to a hundred and fifty degrees celsius.
- place the oats, nuts and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- combine the gula melaka, honey, olive oil, salt and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat. this allows the gula melaka to dissolve easily. once the mixture of oil, sweeteners, spice and salt is smooth pour it onto the oats and nuts. mix it well until combined ensuring that none of the oats are left uncoated.
- divide evenly between the roasting tins/baking sheets and bake, stirring every ten to fifteen minutes for forty-five minutes. the granola will crisp further as it cools.
- wait for it to cool fully before you store it in an airtight jar.
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.