Author Notes: I enjoy a good cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate and why not add this pancakes. I base my pancake recipes on the dry ingredients to wet ingredients ratio that is found in Better Homes and Gardens cook book for fluffy pancakes. - Amitha's Expression of Creativity
Serves about four people
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3.1 ounces Mexican Chocolate such as IBARRA Chocolate. The Mexican Chocolate comes 3.1 oz per circle of chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender add half the milk and the chopped Mexican Chocolate. Blend this until the chocolate in well incorporated into the milk.
- Add the rest of the milk, egg, oil and vanilla into the blender and blend until combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan on medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add one heaping tablespoon for small pancakes or about two heaping tablespoons for a larger pancake. Spread the batter into a circle shape.
- They will take about 2 minutes on each side. The chocolate melts into the batter making it harder to flip if you don't cook it longer than a regular pancake.
- Serve with maple syrup or caramel sauce.