If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I enjoy a good cup of Mexican Hot Chocolate and why not add this pancakes. I base my pancake recipes on the dry ingredients to wet ingredients ratio that is found in Better Homes and Gardens cook book for fluffy pancakes. - Amitha's Expression of Creativity
Serves about four people
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3.1 ounces Mexican Chocolate such as IBARRA Chocolate. The Mexican Chocolate comes 3.1 oz per circle of chocolate
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a blender add half the milk and the chopped Mexican Chocolate. Blend this until the chocolate in well incorporated into the milk.
- Add the rest of the milk, egg, oil and vanilla into the blender and blend until combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan on medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add one heaping tablespoon for small pancakes or about two heaping tablespoons for a larger pancake. Spread the batter into a circle shape.
- They will take about 2 minutes on each side. The chocolate melts into the batter making it harder to flip if you don't cook it longer than a regular pancake.
- Serve with maple syrup or caramel sauce.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.