If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite recipe passed down to me by another nutritional science graduate student working in the same lab four or five years ago. I have never had a more moist banana bread before, let alone one that is completely whole wheat. —Foodie52
Makes 2 medium loaves
- 2.5 cups Whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoons salt
- 0.5 cups buttermilk
- 4 large bananas, thoroughly mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and oil two medium loaf pans. Combine all the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, sugar and bananas. Add in the eggs. It may look somewhat curdled now, but that is okay.
- Gentle combine the dry and wet ingredients together. Stir in the walnuts, if desired.
- Pour into the 2 prepared loaf pans, and baked at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until done.
The Best Thing since Sliced Bread
Crispy cheese has our hearts
We are in love—with this toast.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.