If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an incredibly popular and easy appetizer to make. It's great for the vegetarians that are vastly increasing in numbers. I like it because it has crunch and zing. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes about 20 pieces
- 1 Large jicama. Try to find one that is squat so that it's easier to slice
- 1 Ripe mango diced
- 1/4 Red onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2-1 serrano pepper finely chopped (the amount will depend on how spicy you want the salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Peel the jicama. The easiest way is to cut the top and bottom so that the orb lies flat on the table. With a sharp paring knife, start from the top and shave off the outside skin.
- Trim the round jicama so that it looks like a white brick. Then slice into 1/4 inch strips. Cut the slices into triangles.
- In a medium bowl add the mango, onion, pepper, lime zest and juice. Toss. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the diced avocado.
- Place triangles on serving dish. Place a generous tablespoon of the mango salsa on the triangles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.