If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aww! Can there be anything better than mangoes. We call mangoes the king of fruits. And, honestly the mangoes that I find in USA are nothing like we get in India. The Alphonso and the Kesar brand. My native place is highest in producing these Kesar Brand mangoes. I bet you , if you ever visit India in summer do try Kesar Mangoes. Now, that we are in USA , we can only satisfy ourselves with canned pulp of Kesar available in Indian stores. I remember the summer days when my dad used to order big packages of mango and we would eat mango in breakfast, may be lunch or dinner in the form of Mango smoothie, lassi, "puri (Fried Flatbreads and Ras (pulp of mango)". And, as kid we use steal or collect those raw small mangoes from trees. Last year I had prepared mango tart , recently I made some cardamom-pistachio mango mousse and now its cheesecake time. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes regular 9 inch cake
For the crust
- 1 cup Pistachios and silvered almonds(1/2 silvered almonds and 1/2 cup Pistachios) ,any kind of nuts can be used like hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pistachio Oil or unsalted melted butter
- 2/3 cup Graham Crackers or Amaretto cookies
For the Filling
- 1 packet Cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 Container of Mascarpone cheese ( 8 Ounces)
- 1.5 cups Can of Kesar mango pulp or substitute it with pulp from fresh mango
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Saffron dissolved in warm 1 tbsp of milk
- 11/3 cup Sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cardamom powder, if you do not like cardamom , simply avoid it and you can use star anise also
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Roasted Pistachios, coaresley crushed, garnish
- 1 cup Sliced mangoes, garnish or topping
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Pistachio Oil
- Wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the crust - Finely grind the pistachios, silvered almonds, cracker crumbs or amaretto cookies, and sugar in a food processor. If you do not have a processor then crumble the graham crackers in a ziploc bag. Add the pistachio oil and mix it until crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Press it well and nicely with the heels of the hand or a flat bottomed bowl. Bake the crust in a pre-heated oven at 350 F until it is set and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.It should be baked in 10 minutes. Remove it and check it. Then,let it cool.
- For the filling - Using an electric mixer or a kitchen aid, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, once in a while scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add in the saffron milk mix and cardamom powder.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the springform pan in a large deep pan. Pour enough hot water into the deep pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the center of the cheesecake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 50 minutes to 1 hour at 325 F. Once the cake cools down it will become firm. Transfer the cake to a rack; cool for 1 hour.
- For the topping - Spread the mango slices in a design and then coat them with honey. Sprinkle some pistachio nuts in the middle and drizzle the pistachio oil. Remember pistachio oil has a strong flavor , so please use it only if you like it and just a little will do the trick.
- Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 1 day or overnight. When ready to serve , remove it at room temperature for about half an hour early . Cut the cake into slices and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).