Author Notes: Marx Foods provided me beans for a breakfast-bean contest. Using the beans as my benchmark, I embarked on a mission to create a fusion of savory, spicy, and sweet flavors, which in essence should tantalize my mother’s taste buds. A tad sweet and a lot spicy like my own personality. - Primlani Kitchen
- 1 cup Mayacoba Beans
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinammon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Peppercorn, Ground
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Orange Extract
- 2-4 Apples, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Pate Brisee Recipe (I use Rosemary or Thyme in my Dough)
- Soak the beans overnight. Boil them in a pressure cooker with 2 whistles*. Cool and drain the liquid.
- Coarsely mash the cooked beans and add all ingredients for the filling. Mix Well. Adjust seasonings based on preference.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roll the dough into mini tartlet or any pans with removable bottoms. Fill the pans with beans, top with sliced apples, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of apple or habenero-fruit jelly.