Author Notes: This salad is light and sweet and salty. A nice break after the heaviness of Thanksgiving meals. The pancetta balances nicely with the sweetness of the balsamic and maple. I used a one year aged Manchego but another sheep's milk cheese such as Idiazabal of Zamorano would be just as good. - MollyMartin
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 8 Slices of Pancetta
- 5 ounces Marcona Almonds
- 1 cup Grated Manchego
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate Juice
- 1/3 cup Grade A Dark Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse greens, pat dry and place in bowl and set aside. Place pancetta in foil lined pan and broil until crispy. While broiling place a large saute pan on stove heat and add marcona almonds and toast. Let them cool for about 20 minutes othewise the will taste soft
- In a larg bowl wisk together, pomegranate juice, olive oil, maple syrup and balsamic vineger and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Now its time to asemble to salad. On a large tray lay greens down first, then sprinkle pomegranate seeds and crunched pancetta and grated manchego and almonds. Drizzle dressing over salad.