If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is light and sweet and salty. A nice break after the heaviness of Thanksgiving meals. The pancetta balances nicely with the sweetness of the balsamic and maple. I used a one year aged Manchego but another sheep's milk cheese such as Idiazabal of Zamorano would be just as good. - MollyMartin
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 8 Slices of Pancetta
- 5 ounces Marcona Almonds
- 1 cup Grated Manchego
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate Juice
- 1/3 cup Grade A Dark Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse greens, pat dry and place in bowl and set aside. Place pancetta in foil lined pan and broil until crispy. While broiling place a large saute pan on stove heat and add marcona almonds and toast. Let them cool for about 20 minutes othewise the will taste soft
- In a larg bowl wisk together, pomegranate juice, olive oil, maple syrup and balsamic vineger and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Now its time to asemble to salad. On a large tray lay greens down first, then sprinkle pomegranate seeds and crunched pancetta and grated manchego and almonds. Drizzle dressing over salad.
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Genius, explained at last.
Style with a breeze.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.