If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Pomelo Mango Shrimp Salad is big on flavour and nutrients. Poached shrimp is a great seafood to enjoy without breaking the bank. Pomelo is my trusty standby for citrus salad. It tastes like a sweeter version of grapefruit yet the pulp is sturdy enough to be broken into chunks without spilling juice all over the place. Its crunch is also very lovely. This native southeast Asian fruit is commonly used in Vietnamese and Thai cuisine. I decided to take my salad down that culinary direction with addition of sweet champagne mango, cilantro, scallion, and basil tossed in an oil-free dressing made with fish sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, and Sriracha. It’s a refreshing combination. - DessertByCandy
- 0.5 pounds shell-on shrimp (I used 31/35)
- 0.5 pomelo
- 2 champagne mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped on a diagonal
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (or to taste)
- Bring a pot of water to boil in a small saucepan. Cook the shrimp for approximately 2 minutes or until they turn orange and just firm to touch. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Peel and half the shrimp, set aside. You can prepare the shrimp up to a day ahead and store in fridge.
- To prepare the pomelo, score the very thick peel with a knife and remove peel. Gently remove all the membrane by the segment and break the pulp into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together shrimp, pomelo, mango, red pepper, scallion, cilantro, and basil. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make a dressing. Toss salad with dressing and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately or store in fridge up to 6 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls