Author Notes: I like to think of these muffins as "healthy" given that there's whole wheat, yogurt, bananas, applesauce, and a hefty bit of chocolate. Perfect for breakfast. - Gibson2011
Makes 9 muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed banana, scant
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, scant
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- First, beat first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients (hold the chocolate chips).
- Gently stir dry mixture into wet. Add chocolate chips and stir. Scoop into greased muffin tin and fill almost to the top (they won't rise very much).
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.