If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like to think of these muffins as "healthy" given that there's whole wheat, yogurt, bananas, applesauce, and a hefty bit of chocolate. Perfect for breakfast. —Gibson2011
Makes 10 muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- First, beat first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients (hold the chocolate chips).
- Gently stir dry mixture into wet. Add chocolate chips and stir. Scoop into greased muffin tin and fill almost to the top (they won't rise very much).
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe