Author Notes: My friend brought the spinach, pear, nuts, and dried cranberries to my house for a collaborative dinner. I added the onions and improvised the dressing drawing on my collection of treasured fruit-infused oils and vinegars. - AppleAnnie
for the salad
- 1 packet baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bosc pear peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/3 cup toasted or candied pecans
for the vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon cranberry horseradish mustard (or other fruited Dijon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or other fruity balsamic)
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons orange infused olive oil (or add 1 tsp grated orange zest and plain olive oil)
- Place spinach leaves in a low salad bowl.
- Arrange onions, pears, cranberries and nuts over the greens in a decorative fashion.
- Mix the mustard, vinegar, maple syrup and salt together, whisk until blended.
- Whisk in the oil, one Tbsp at a time. If using plain oil, stir in the grated orange zest.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, and serve.
Tags: serves a crowd