If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I love to visit the island of Maui..."the Valley Isle". Warm water and cooling trade winds are part of what makes this place paradise. Culinary traditions in Hawaii are centered around local produce . (exception is Spam). Our little house by the sea is surrounded by lots of coconut trees. Because I can't handle a machete' like the local boys, I buy canned or bottled coconut milk. On a tropical island rum is always an option. Macadamia nuts are also everywhere. This makes a sweet ending to a Hawaiian feast. - dymnyno
- 10 ounces coconut milk
- 1 ounces dark rum (Whalers is Hawaiian)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened shreded coconut
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs whisked together
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- canola oil to cook the pancakes
- Combine flour, coconut , baking powder, brown sugar and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Mix in coconut milk, rum and eggs.
- Pour the pancakes the size that you want. Cook the pancakes over medium heat and cook slowly to prevent the pancakes from burning while cooking. Keep the pancakes in a warm oven until you finish the BF sauce
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 oz cup dark rum
- 2 bananas, sliced into coins
- Melt the butter. Add the brown sugar. When the mixture is boiling, add the bananas and stir. Add the rum and flame...BE CAREFULL.
- Spoon some BF on each pancake and sprinkle the top of each pancake with coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.